Yes. It’s true. I hold a Guinness World Records® title. I am the current recordholder for the longest uninterrupted live webcast. In the world. In honor of the event, my friends at Wilks & Wilson, purveyors of fine elixirs, made me this signature cocktail recipe for me, called “The Recordbreaker.” Enjoy.
What I learned in the making of The Recordbreaker Signature Cocktail Recipe:
- Never, ever, ever use bottled lime juice.
- The Record-Breaker recipe makes a very strong drink. Approach with caution.
- Don’t skimp on the cherries. Luxardo cherries are a serious luxury and so very, very tasty.
- If you want to order a bottle of Orgeat from Wilks & Wilson, you can buy it locally in Indianapolis, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a reference to “Break A Record With Susan,” or “The Record-Breaker cocktail” and they’ll get a bottle to you.
The Record-Breaker Cocktail Recipe
- 3/4 oz freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 oz maraschino liqueur (Luxardo)
- 1/2 oz Crème de Violette liqueur (Rothman or Haus Alpenz)
- 1/2 oz Wilks & Wilson Orgeat* (Almond Syrup)
- 2 oz white rum (Bacardi)
- 1/4 oz Blue Curaçao liqueur
- 1-2 Luxardo original marachino cherries
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake hard, strain into a martini glass (or, if you're like me and don't care about glasses and are more worried about the spill-tastic martini glasses, use a highball)
- Garnish with 1-2 cherries.
Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â©2013 Putting Something By, Susan Baroncini-Moe