As a part of my rubber chicken this week, I wanted to come up with a couple of new ideas. So I started here, with the yummiest chicken tacos ever. It was a great surprise to the hubster, to come home to not beef, but chicken tacos, and a nice change of pace.
What I Learned in the Making
- Corn tortillas work best, but I think you could use flour tortillas as well. I make my flour tortillas, but found some amazing corn tortillas at Trader Joe’s for 99 cents.
- Avocados are mega-cheap at Aldi! I bought mine for 49 cents apiece!
- Corn tortillas
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz chicken meat from Rubber Chicken
- 1 T taco seasoning
- 1 T water
- Romaine lettuce, torn in half
- Avocado, sliced
- Tomato, sliced or chopped
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat a skillet on medium, toss a tortilla into the skillet. Cook 30 seconds to one minute on each side, then put to the side.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to another skillet and heat to medium.
- Add chicken to the skillet.
- Mix taco seasoning and water in a small bowl and pour over chicken.
- Cook until sauce thickens, about 3-5 minutes.
- Flatten tortillas on a plate, place 1/2 leaf romaine, 1 slice avocado, tomato, cheese on tortilla, then place cooked chicken on top.
- We added a Mexican corn (corn with chopped peppers) on top, then ate these like tacos. You can also top with sour cream.
Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â©2013 Putting Something By, Susan Baroncini-Moe